Mast’s certified iMIS consultants worked closely with the GCC to deliver a complex data migration project on time and within budget. With data loaded into the GCC’s new iMIS system, the organisation and its members are able to make full use of the technology.
The GCC is an independent statutory body established by Parliament to regulate over 3,000 chiropractors in the UK. The GCC’s role is to protect the health and safety of the public, and to uphold the standing of the profession. Having replaced their legacy system with a new iMISCloud system from ASI, Mast were engaged to migrate GCC data to the new platform.
The Challenge and the iMISCloud solution
The GCC database covers core information including
- registration details of all members
- financial information including fees
- communication history
- recording of members’ CPD activities
- engagement with professional bodies
Large volumes of data existed in the form required by the legacy database. The core challenge was to extract the data and successfully migrate it in the correct format with column names which could be recognised by the ASI iMIS data importer for the iMISCloud database.
After an initial on-site meeting, Mast put together a project plan and detailed costings which were agreed with the GCC. The approach to the project was in two phases.
Phase 1 – Ensuring Accuracy of Data Extraction
- Investigate, write scripts and test and check extracted data against actual.
- Liaison with the GCC project manager for any changes that might be needed, amending the scripts and re-running.
- Rechecking of the extracted data against actual.
- Sign-off by GCC.
Phase 2 – Roll-out Using All Data
- Phase 2 repeated the disciplines of Phase 1 with different data that included CPD, Communications History and Professional Bodies.
The data migration project was completed on-time and within budget. With data loaded on the iMISCloud system, the GCC is up and running with the new technology.
“The GCC was in need of some expert support in extracting data from a predecessor CRM system. Mast were able to carry this out for us in a professional, timely and conscientious way. Their team provided appropriate support throughout the process and this was a good experience for us.”Richard Kavanagh, Project Manager, General Chiropractic Council
Keep me posted!
Stay up-to-date with industry tips and what we’re doing